Dominion is awesome deck building game that is always different. With 2 standalone sets and 5+ expansions, the game is ever-changing. The best part of Dominion is that you randomly choose 10 decks (sometimes more depending on cards chosen) from any of the sets, which ensures that every game is slightly different.
While playing with my friends for months, we decided to take this game to the next level. We incorporated the team element to to what is usually a single player game. This new paradigm required new strategy and team work.
Let’s lay out the added rules and how scoring works.
- You must have an even number of players (4 or 6 players)
- Teams consist of 2 players
- Seating must alternate members from teams (Two people from the same team must not sit next to each other)
- The number of Provinces = players x 3
- The number of Curses = (players – 1) x 10
- The game ends when either when 4 piles are exhausted or the Province or Colony pile is exhasted
- Players on a team exchange 1 card, without looking, before the beginning of the Action phase of a member on the team.
This is where the strategy comes in. The simple way would be to add the Victory points of all the members of a team and the highest team total would win. However, we decided to complicated things a little more.
- Calculate your score for each member of your team
- Take the lowest score for your team and that becomes your team score
- The highest scoring team wins
This is a fun variation, that adds a little bit of team play to this great strategy game.